High-Power Tapered Laser Amplifier
- Up to 4 W single mode output power, gain up to 20 dB
- Available wavelengths 645 nm .. 1540 nm
- Compact Amplifier operated with DLC pro or stand alone driver
- Maintains spectral properties of master oscillator
- Input and output fiber coupling available
The BoosTA pro, TOPTICA’s optical amplifier, increases the output power of a DL pro or any other linearly polarized master laser by up to 20 dB (x100).
Following TOPTICA’s well-established pro-technology, the TA chip is mounted in a compact unit with optimized heat management and beam-shaping optics. BoosTA pro can either be operated stand-alone with a compact external power supply, DC HP, or with our all-digital driver electronics DLC pro. While both drivers allow for high currents up to 5, 7 or 10A to get the most even from current hungry TA chips, BoosTA pro can be conveniently operated together with a DL pro, DFB pro or CTL master laser with one DLC pro.
The BoosTA pro head includes a high-bandwidth current modulation board, which – when used in a closed feedback loop – allows for compensating power fluctuations of the master laser by adjusting the amplifier gain. The board also features a protective circuit to avoid the risk of electronic chip damage. The beam management of the seed laser can be greatly simplified by optional fiber input coupling. Other options are optical isolators and fiber output coupling. The BoosTA pro head has sufficient space for a 60 dB isolator to protect the TA chip from back reflections.
General Specification TopSeller (not configurable) BoosTA pro 670 765 780 795 850 Wavelength range (nm) 645 .. 1540* 661 – 673 760 - 785 765 - 795 775 - 805 845 - 870 Max. output power (W) 0.5 .. 4 0.5 2 4 3 3 Beam quality M² < 1.5 (< 2 for some higher power chips) < 1.5 < 2.5 < 2 < 2 < 2
Optical Isolation Single Stage
Isolators are used to protect the laser diode from back reflections. Fiber coupling with angle polished fibers (both ends) requires at least a single stage isolator. Optical Isolation Double Stage
Double stage isolators are needed if reflections from the experiment into the laser are expected. Fiber coupling with non-angle polished fibers also requires a double stage isolator. FiberDock
TOPTICA's patented fiber coupler provides highest single-mode fiber coupling efficiencies, easy alignment and at the same time highest stability. TOPTICA additionally offers a wide range of single-mode and polarization maintaining fibers, including fiber-optic beam splitters. Optical isolation is mandatory for fiber coupled diode laser systems.
- Atom and Ion cooling and trapping
- Bose-Einstein Condensation & degenerate Fermi gases
- Quantum Optics
- Rydberg Excitation (Rydberg Flyer for complete laser solutions)
- Optical Clocks
- Product Brochure: Scientific Lasers (please see website for latest specs!)
- Technical Drawings: BoosTA pro
Current scientific Publications mentioning TOPTICA BoosTA pro
- MTA pro Modular Amplified Tunable Single-Mode Laser System
- DLC pro all-digital driver electronics
- Tapered Amplifier Chips to see potential wavelengths and powers not listed above (others available on request).
- TA pro Integrated MOPA solution – ultra stable and easy to use with the highest powers available
- DL pro pro series ECDL with four standard wavelengths with exceptional AR coated laser diodes
- CTL Continuously tunable diode laser
- DFB pro Diode laser with few-nanometer mode-hop free tuning and broader linewidth
- Frequency converted diode lasers for all other wavelengths
- Numerous Photonicals, tools and helpful equipment for working with lasers, for example Fabry-Perot Interferometers